Etnaviv issues on i.MX8M-Mini

Schrempf Frieder frieder.schrempf at kontron.de
Thu Feb 20 12:52:51 UTC 2020

Hi,

according to the documents, the i.MX8M-Mini features a GC320 and a
GCNanoUltra. I tried to run the etnaviv drivers and the following GPUs
are detected:

	etnaviv-gpu 38000000.gpu: model: GC600, revision: 4653
	etnaviv-gpu 38008000.gpu: model: GC520, revision: 5341

Running some demos and tests with mesa 19.1.6 most things seem to work.
Still I currently have two issues, while the first one is kind of a
show-stopper and the second one is not really important as it seems to
affect shaders only.

1. When running any QtQuick applications, all transformations like
moving elements are really jerky and not smooth at all as it should be.
Any ideas what the reason could be, or how to get more information about
this problem?

2. With some demos (e.g. with 'glmark2-es2-drm -b terrain') I get:

	error: compile failed!
	etna_draw_vbo:222: compiled shaders are not okay

Can this be fixed somehow, or is this due to the limitations of the GPU?

Thanks,
Frieder