Etnaviv issues on i.MX8M-Mini

Chris Healy cphealy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 17:19:44 UTC 2020

Hi Frieder,

For your #1, can you provide more detail on your configuration?  What
is your display resolution?  Are you running Qt with egl_fs or are you
running on top of a compositor?  If you are running on top of a
compositor, is the 3D GPU being used for compositing?

For your #2, at least in the case of the GC2000, the GPU cannot deal
with shaders that have more than 512 instructions.  The terrain demo
has a shader that is typically larger than 512 instructions.  I've
always seen the terrain demo fail on the GC2000.  With the GC3000 and
GC7000L, this 512 instruction limit does not exist and the terrain
demo has always worked.  Likely the GC600 has this 512 instruction
limit.

Regards,

Chris