xdg-app and gtkmm

Murray Cumming murrayc at murrayc.com
Tue Dec 8 08:14:01 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-12-08 at 08:41 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> > Yeah, this is failing to register the dbus name
> > "org.prefixsuffix.application", because the sandboxed app is only
> > allowed to own names of the form "org.gnome.PrefixSuffix" and
> > "org.gnome.PrefixSuffix.*". This is to avoid conflicts with other
> > apps
> > and with host services. You need to rename the app (or change the
> > code
> > to use the new dbus name).
>
> I would actually recommend neither, instead change both to use a
> domain
> you control. For instance "io.github.murraycu.PrefixSuffix".

OK. Thanks. I wish that GApplication's docs gave some clue about what
people should use:
https://developer.gnome.org/gio/stable/GApplication.html#g-application-
new

Is the camel-case (such as GimpDevel or PrefixSuffix) a real
convention? Mixing cases in non-human-readable names seems error prone.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc at murrayc.com
www.murrayc.com