xdg-app and gtkmm

Murray Cumming murrayc at murrayc.com
Wed Dec 9 12:55:28 UTC 2015

On Tue, 2015-12-08 at 14:53 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On tis, 2015-12-08 at 12:47 +0100, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > $ xdg-app run io.github.murraycu.PrefixSuffix
> >
> > ** (prefixsuffix:2): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility
> > bus:
> > Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-PEhoQVzw0X: Connection
> > refused
> > Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
> > Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"
> >
> > (prefixsuffix:2): dconf-WARNING **: unable to open named profile
> > (child): using the null configuration.
>
> This is weird, I've not seen it myself. I build prefixsuffix, but I
> could not reproduce it here. I do get the accessibility bus warnings
> (have not ever researched those in detail), but dconf works.
>
> What distro are you on? Maybe its some dconf setup difference?

Ubuntu Wily.

> After a build, you can debug the app with:
>   xdg-app build app bash
>
> then you can from inside the "sandbox" e.g. run prefixsuffix in gdb,
> or
> strace it to see what dconf is trying to do.

Thanks. But I don't have the problem when running it like that. Only
when running it via xdg-app run.

Is there any other way to find out what files it might be trying to
access while running under xdg-app run?

> You might also want to pass --build-only to xdg-app-builder in this
> case so that debug info etc is still available. Of course, then the
> finish-args are not applied yet, so the app will not have any
> permissions, so you might have to do:
>   xdg-app build --socket=x11 app bash
>

> Also, I added the ability for xdg-app-builder to use relative paths
> for
> the git uri. The attached patch makes it just ".git" so that it
> builds
> the current checkout as a bundle, rather than you having to make a
> release first.

Thanks. That was going to be my next question.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc at murrayc.com
www.murrayc.com