Missing files in app

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 09:35:48 UTC 2016

On fre, 2016-12-16 at 10:29 +0100, Ruben Grimm wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm currently experimenting with flatpak packaging and for this I
> was
> trying to build a VLC package based on a QT runtime, I built myself
> (which of course is built upon the freedesktop runtime). I put the
> gst-ugly-libs into this package.

Why did you feel the need to create a runtime for Qt? The idea is to
bundle it with your app.

> Now when I install the package, I can see the gst-ugly libs in
> $HOME/.local/share/flatpak/app/org.videloan.Vlc/current/active/files/
> lib/gstreamer-1.0,
> but when I sh into the app (flatpak run --command=sh
> org.videolan.Vlc).
> The gstreamer-1.0 folder only contains the gst-good and gst-base
> libs,
> which are provided by freedesktop and VLC can't play mp4 files.

Where did you look. The files you list above are in the app, so they
should end up in /app/lib/gstreamer-1.0, whereas the gstreamer stuff
from the runtime should be in /usr/lib/gstreamer-1.0.

However, the freedesktop runtime sets GST_PLUGIN_SYSTEM_PATH so that
the plugins in the app should be found in /app/lib. Did you try running
gst-inspect to see if it finds the plugin?

> Do you have an idea whats going on here? Is there a problem merging
> the
> folders? Am I doing something wrong?

Flatpak never merges any folder, the app and the runtime are separate
directories.

       alexl at redhat.com            alexander.larsson at gmail.com
He's a leather-clad bohemian gentleman spy who hides his scarred face
behind a mask. She's a foxy mutant doctor with only herself to blame.
They fight crime!