Is it possible to use Flatpak in applications such as VLC Media Player?

Charles Johnson charlesjohnsont at outlook.com
Mon Jun 13 21:23:02 UTC 2016

I have the same interest. As Brent said I also think they use a portable file AppImage and no one can force a project to use X or Y technology, but the reasons they gave me greatly caught my attention, because if you can distribute an application like VLC as Flatpak, many third-party developers would be interested to be a common use case for cross-platform applications (Ex. Media Player, Video Editor, Video Transcoder, Web Browser, etc).

I asked if there is a thread on this topic to VLC developers, but not yet receive a response.

CJT