Marketing battle vs snaps

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Wed Jun 22 20:28:40 UTC 2016

On ons, 2016-06-22 at 20:14 +0200, Miguel Mayol wrote:
> I can help.

There is a lot of confusion in this mail. Please don't try to wage some
kind of battle for us. If you want to help, please test stuff, report
bugs and try to make flatpak a better product.

> But just now, better doing, and if FLATPAK is the name xdg-app would
> not be this mailing list name.

Yes, we're aware of this, but the process on freedesktop.org is not
exactly fast, so renaming is going slowly.

> FLATPAK must be the next GNOME package by default for every distro.

What does this even mean?

> GNOME should also have a web page with all the major distros spinned
> LiveISOs.

Why would gnome repackage distros? This make no sense. All we need is
for distros to package flatpak, or if thats not happening to provide it
for the important distros.

> I think your DNF is by far the best, because it uses delta packages
> (pacman can but nobody uses it) and it had not marketing impact
> enough.

How is dnf related to any of this?

       alexl at redhat.com            alexander.larsson at gmail.com
He's a witless one-eyed sorceror on a mission from God. She's a
manipulative cigar-chomping soap star with the power to bend men's minds.
They fight crime!