The xdg-app story

Emmanuele Bassi ebassi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 15:45:24 UTC 2016

Hi;

On 24 March 2016 at 15:17, Piotr Gaczkowski <doomhammerng at gmail.com> wrote:

> Don't want to spoil the fun, as I think xdg-app is one of the best things
> that happened to Linux world recently, but they:
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zapp_(band)
>
> https://www.zapplication.org/about-zapp.php
>
> http://www.zapp.co.uk/
>
> might be potentially unhappy.

Of all of those, only the last makes software and could potentially
have something against an application bundle called 'zapp'. There's
still no real way to confuse the two, but it could be raised as a
potential trademark issue, depending on if/how the trademark has been
filed.

Also, we're not really filing a trademark for Zapp bundles, yet.

> Last thing we need are lawyers spoiling fun the way they did to
> kik/left-pad.

That's not really applicable to this case.

Ciao,
 Emmanuele.

https://www.bassi.io
[@] ebassi [@gmail.com]