Request: Perl and Perl-Gtk bindings

Dan Nicholson nicholson at endlessm.com
Tue Aug 15 16:21:36 UTC 2017

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 10:24 AM, Alexander Larsson <alexl at redhat.com> wrote:

> Given that most apps will not be using perl I'm somewhat hesitant to
> add this. I mean, where does it stop? Why perl and not ruby, etc.

Perhaps someone should work on base apps for various languages that
build off of the freedesktop runtime. Something like
https://github.com/endlessm/electron-flatpak-base-app, e.g.
org.freedesktop.PerlBaseApp. It seems pretty likely that people will
want to make flatpaks that use their language platform of choice.
Including everything under the sun in the freedesktop runtime is going
to make it pretty bloated (in addition to significantly expanding its
attack surface).

--
Dan