Install software from CD/network

SÅ‚awomir Lach slawek at lach.art.pl
Thu Aug 17 16:26:52 UTC 2017

Hi.

I'm probably new to this mailing list.
I propose to integrate web browser to flatpak, so:
1. Autorun can be launched from CD in web browser framework (web browser have
good sandbox currently, so I don't know it's necessary to integrate flatpak)
2. Add flatpak protocol to web browser, so user can click on page to update
software, remove it or install (especially from CD)

I propose in addition:
Currently, administrator can add additional path to keep installed frameworks/
applications. You can change flatpak to search app (or maybe even frameworks)
on inserted CD's. You can allow to copy app/framework from CD to user home
directory (flatpak store in user home directory).

Full idea is about to allow GNU/Linux software vendors to distribute one's
software on CD. User should be able to insert CD and DE propose to run
autorun.html or index.html on CD. Another think is to flatpak checks there were
flatpak apps and allow to run. We must discus, which approach is better.

If you decide to use web browser, there should exist browser protocol to
install software from network or CD (copy directory of installed flatpak
application onto user home directory).
--

Best regards,
Lach SÅ‚awomir.