Multiarch libraries

John Ramsden ramsdenj at riseup.net
Tue Apr 10 05:00:51 UTC 2018

I'm attempting to install multilib requirements for wine into my flatpak [1] and I've been having some trouble I was hoping to get some help with.

I had hoped all that was necessary to use multiarch was to enable '--allow=multiarch' in my manifest, but it seems more than that is needed. I haven't been able to find much information regarding how to properly set up a multiarch application, and everything I've been able to find has been from the wiki [2].

When I try to a build a manifest with multiarch, I end up getting an error like:

configure: error: Cannot build a 32-bit program, you need to install 32-bit development libraries.

Is there a way to use the existing 32-bit runtime libraries in a 64-bit application? I don't want to take on the maintenance burden of trying to manually add all the required libraries, and I imagine this isn't a uncommon thing. I would prefer to run everything in pure 64-bit mode, but unfortunately the wine application I'm trying to set up requires multiarch.

I've seen the steam flatpak [3] using the compat libraries, but I need the requirements during the build, and it seems like there are method only as the compat libraries during the finishing stage.

1: https://github.com/johnramsden/pathofexile-flatpak
2: https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/wiki/Multiarch
3: https://github.com/flathub/com.valvesoftware.Steam

--