can we use flatpack eco-system as a universal package system ?

Jonathan MERCIER bioinfornatics at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 07:48:48 UTC 2018

Dear,
I need to manage hundred tools most often it is a library or a command line
tools. For a same tools we provide many different versions and different
level of optimization.
As example python is provided with version 3.2 3.5 and 3.6 and each
versions own different build flavor, with intel haswell optimization,
classic intel optimization, classic (any cpu).

Moreover it seem we could use module as a dependencies system so does
flatpack compete conda as language-agnostic package manager and environment
management system ?

I would like to know if flatpack feature fit my needs ?

Thanks

Best regards