problem Octave GUI and flatpck

Maria Eugenia Gomez eugegomez80 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 22:55:13 UTC 2018

Dear all,
I thought I had a problem with my previous Octave version, so I decided
installing a new version via Flatpak. I have an Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS (Linux
4.4.0-131-generic (i686) ).
I did not have flatpak installed, so I installed it. When doing so, the
following instruction failed because it did not find the plugin. Anyway I
think it does not matter so much.

sudo apt install gnome-software-plugin-flatpak

The important problem (at least in my case) occurred when running octave.
There is a problem with the GUI

(octave-gui:2): WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown
GNU Octave, version 4.4.1

I think the problem is withthis Octave version or something related to it,
because I did not have problems with this before...

Have you got any suggestions or ideas...

Regards,
Ma. Eugenia
--

Grupo de Geodesia Espacial y Astrometría
Dpto. de Astrometría