VirtualBox/setuid binaries

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Mon Dec 17 09:34:27 UTC 2018

13.12.18 15:40, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2018 at 4:30 AM Michael Thayer
>     Just following up my own post, and coming back to a slightly refined
>     version of my original idea unless someone suggests something better.
>     For VirtualBox I could achieve most of what I want by providing a small
>     additional starter tool to be installed separately from the Flatpak and
>     referencing it from the desktop file in the Flatpak (instead of using
>     /usr/bin/flatpak as a starter).  I should be able to achieve that in a
>     user-friendly way, though of course I would depend on Flatpak being
>     installed with the standard paths.  Since Endless presumably control
>     their OS, perhaps they could do something on those lines too?
>

> Hey Michael,
>
> I was curious if you got furher with this approach, or found some other
> solutions?
> Anything we can do from the flatpak side to help you?
Hello Matthias,

Thanks for asking.  I'm afraid I have not found time to continue with
this recently, not least because we are in our RC period with lots of
things to finish off.  I will try to pick it up again when things are a
bit quieter.

Thanks again.
Regards
Michael
--
Michael Thayer | VirtualBox engineer
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | D-71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992 München

Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697