Why Flatpak? Isn't Snap enough?

Muayyad AlSadi alsadi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 13:40:41 UTC 2018

> what it's actually good at: Shipping server appliances like Nextcloud or
invasive technologies like Anbox.

no, snap is loosing that war too. for shipping server stacks I guess docker
(and its friends) are winning at that front.

snap is loosing every where, just like all canonical stuff.
bzr lost for git
mir lost for wayland
unity lost for gnome

again, canonical has agenda for IoT market, and they are not going to join
any community
and they have a conflict of interest with any community effort (be docker
or flatpak) regardless of any thing
they already sold a white-labeled version of their proprietary snap server
to banana pie manufacturer

> We haven't won if that page now says "Select Your Download Format: .snap,
.flatpak, .appimage, .zeroinstall", we've just shifted the yard lines.

I guess there is nothing our community can do to convince canonical to stop
"not invented here" syndrome