newbie question #2: plugin-based applications

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 09:27:02 UTC 2018

On 02/07/18 03:59, John Stebbins wrote:
> On 07/01/2018 04:54 PM, Alec Leamas wrote:

>> Has anyone a working example how to build an extension like this i. e.,
>> something which extends an app rather than a runtime?
>

> flatpak-builder certainly does support building an extension like this.

> I think you may be getting misled by the line
>
> "runtime": "io.github.Hexchat",

Indeed, thanks!

Still, the road is bumpy for an apprentice, it's hard to find
documentation. I have managed to build my extension/plugin, but:

  - I can see the installed stuff in /app/extensions/ShipDriver; here is
a generated manifest file and the files I have installed  in lib/ and
share/ when using flatpak-builder --run ... bash

  - I can install the plugin package.

  - But, when I check the sandbox for the main package, there is nothing
under /app/extensions using flatpak run --command=bash ...

I guess I have missed something, again. Thoughts?

Cheers!

PS: Extension manifest:
https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/HrdjBjXDPa0m8oQ1SocEug
motherboard manifest: