newbie question #2: plugin-based applications

John Stebbins JohnAStebbins at jetheaddev.com
Mon Jul 2 15:39:19 UTC 2018

On 07/02/2018 02:27 AM, Alec Leamas wrote:

> On 02/07/18 03:59, John Stebbins wrote:
>> On 07/01/2018 04:54 PM, Alec Leamas wrote:
>>> Has anyone a working example how to build an extension like this i. e.,
>>> something which extends an app rather than a runtime?
>>
>> flatpak-builder certainly does support building an extension like this.
>> I think you may be getting misled by the line
>>
>> "runtime": "io.github.Hexchat",
>>
> Indeed, thanks!
>
> Still, the road is bumpy for an apprentice, it's hard to find
> documentation. I have managed to build my extension/plugin, but:
>
>   - I can see the installed stuff in /app/extensions/ShipDriver; here is
> a generated manifest file and the files I have installed  in lib/ and
> share/ when using flatpak-builder --run ... bash
>
>   - I can install the plugin package.
>
>   - But, when I check the sandbox for the main package, there is nothing
> under /app/extensions using flatpak run --command=bash ...
>
> I guess I have missed something, again. Thoughts?
>

> Cheers!
>
> PS: Extension manifest:
> https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/HrdjBjXDPa0m8oQ1SocEug
> motherboard manifest:
> https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/wLDtqwewm8OWSqurjaQrxw

I'm not sure but it may be due to how you specified runtime version.  Remember the "runtime" in this case is OpenCPN.
It looks like you set the runtime-version to the version of org.freedesktop.Sdk instead of OpenCPN.

runtime-version: 1.6
sdk: org.freedesktop.Sdk

should probably be this instead (unless you set some other branch with --default-branch option of flatpak-builder when
building OpenCPN)

runtime-version: master
sdk: org.freedesktop.Sdk//1.6

You can check the version of OpenCPN with 'flatpak list -v'.

--
John      GnuPG fingerprint: D0EC B3DB C372 D1F1 0B01  83F0 49F1 D7B2 60D4 D0F7