Flatpak for WSL (Windows 10)?

Muayyad AlSadi alsadi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 16:53:26 UTC 2018

Linux namespaces like filesystem namespace needed to create /app /usr /host
structure is a must for flatpak to work
WSL does not provide such features but since MS is working close with
docker maybe there is a hope (currently only docker client work in wsl)

Other than fs namespace, features needed for sandboxing and security shpuld
be optional, because in Windows world people don't care.

Since wayland is merely a protocol, a native gdi/dx compositor might be
implemented in the future.

In that case a special flatpak runtime is needed utilizing such special
cases better than stock fedora/suse flatpak