Accessing system tools from an application

Grzegorz Antoniak ga at anadoxin.org
Tue Jul 3 04:49:59 UTC 2018

Hello,

I've installed Flatpak'd version of Visual Studio Code. One of its extensions wants to use the system Java installation, installed in `/usr/lib/jvm`.

Is it possible to "forward" the `/usr` directory to the flatpak's sandboxed application?

I can see that I can use `--env` to forward environment variables and that works OK. I've also tried to use `--filesystem=/usr:ro` but I haven't noticed this changing the situation.

Do Flatpak supports i.e. sharing host `/usr` as a sandboxed directory i.e. `/host_usr` (that would be enough for me I think)?

Thanks for any info,
G.