Newbie question #4: Packaging a "plugin" with helper process.

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 10:29:15 UTC 2018

Close, but not really at dogfood state... The last plugin I need to
package to accomplish dogfood is called oesenc_pi [1]. It seems to be a
closed source binary blob helper process with some glue code actually
compiled to handle communications with the blob using pipes.

The plugin works fine in a regular context e. g. when installed as an rpm.

After building the plugin and installing the helper process in the
extension area I get (in the sandbox):

$ ls -l /app/extensions/oesenc/bin/oeserverd
-rwxr-xr-x 2 nfsnobody nfsnobody 75632 Jan  1  1970
    /app/extensions/oesenc/bin/oeserverd

$ file /app/extensions/oesenc/bin/oeserverd
/app/extensions/oesenc/bin/oeserverd: ELF 32-bit LSB executable...

$  /app/extensions/oesenc/bin/oeserverd
bash: /app/extensions/oesenc/bin/oeserverd:
No such file or directory

Outside the sandbox, oeserverd silently starts a background server
process. I presume I'm banging my head to the sandbox walls... that
said, I have no idea what to do to get it running.

Thoughts?

Cheers!
--alec

[1] https://github.com/bdbcat/oesenc_pi