Debugging missing rights (Was:: Newbie question #4)

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 10:44:56 UTC 2018

On 14/07/18 12:29, Alec Leamas wrote:
> Close, but not really at dogfood state... The last plugin I need to
> package to accomplish dogfood is called oesenc_pi [1]. It seems to be a
> closed source binary blob helper process with some glue code actually
> compiled to handle communications with the blob using pipes.
>
> The plugin works fine in a regular context e. g. when installed as an rpm.
>
> After building the plugin and installing the helper process in the
> extension area I get (in the sandbox):
>
> $ ls -l /app/extensions/oesenc/bin/oeserverd
> -rwxr-xr-x 2 nfsnobody nfsnobody 75632 Jan  1  1970
>     /app/extensions/oesenc/bin/oeserverd
>
> $ file /app/extensions/oesenc/bin/oeserverd
> /app/extensions/oesenc/bin/oeserverd: ELF 32-bit LSB executable...

... from which it should be obvious that this is the wrong, 32-bit blob
"blushes". Patching gives the right, 64-bit blob.

After setting the environment, I can start the server using flatpak run
--devel, but not without --devel. I presume it does something disallowed
in the sandbox, but have no clue to what (I cannot run strace without
--devel).

Any clue how to proceed?  Enclosing a strace log from starting the
server in a --devel sandbox [2]

Cheers!
--alec

[2] https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/ZD9HUd9qPnwqh8YUj1KmHQ