Using gem install from a simple build

Umang Jain mailumangjain at gmail.com
Tue May 15 11:35:07 UTC 2018

Hi there,

> > I have gone through the flatpak tutorial and was reading through the
> > flatpak-manifest man page but didn't see anything about allowing network access
> > during the build phase. I could see why it might be blocked but I thought I saw
> > some pip usage in some of the manifests on flathub.

You can allow network during the build phase (for testing purposes; to
be sure that build is failing due to no network access and that there
are no other errors) as per this comment :
https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak/issues/548#issuecomment-278936410

Once you are sure that it's failing due to network access, proceed
with the suggestion that Allan provided.