What is this Software?

Robert McQueen rob at endlessm.com
Fri Nov 2 10:58:36 UTC 2018

On Fri, 2018-11-02 at 09:21 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2018 at 3:10 AM Douglas Summers <ajgringo619 at cox.net>
> wrote:
> >
> > Another user has been having an issue with a pop-up window after
> > logging in, asking to install this:
> >
> > org.freedesktop.Flatpak.runtime-install
>
> This is the policykit name for the rule of installing a runtime. See
> /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.Flatpak.policy for some
> docs on these.

We have a related issue in Endless which is that upgrading an app
(permitted) can involve installing a runtime (permission required). So
when GNOME Software running as an unpriveleged user tries to upgrade 10
apps or whatever, you can get 10s of PolKit prompts... Is there some
way we can "extend" the app-update permission to the needed runtimes
somehow? How can the system helper know / find out?

Cheers,
ROb