Gambas

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 13:14:37 UTC 2019

On Wed, Apr 10, 2019 at 3:09 PM Muayyad AlSadi <alsadi at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I don't know what gambas is, but you basically shouldn't ever be creating a runtime.
>
> Gambas is a language like BASIC with integrated GUI (something like Visual Basic)
> it might deserve to be a runtime if we look to it as Qt, to run GUI apps written  in that language

There is no specific Qt runtime though, nor should there be.

What you might want to look into is creating an Sdk extension. This is
a great way to add tooling (such as compilers) that can be used to
build flatpak apps with that tool. For example here is a java sdk
extension:
that is on flathub:

  https://github.com/flathub/org.freedesktop.Sdk.Extension.openjdk11

If there is a lot of dependencies needed in the application itself for
the program to run you can also create a base app. This is a good way
to make it easy to create apps that bundle common things while also
making sure that any such common things are shared between apps. For
example, flathub has an electron base app:

https://github.com/flathub/org.electronjs.Electron2.BaseApp

And an elementary base app:

https://github.com/flathub/io.elementary.BaseApp

--
 Alexander Larsson                                Red Hat, Inc
       alexl at redhat.com         alexander.larsson at gmail.com