[question] How to best package an app that uses Tensorflow?

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Thu Apr 25 12:42:14 UTC 2019

On Tue, 2019-04-23 at 21:53 -0700, Giovanni Campagna wrote:

<snip>
> So I'm wondering: is it acceptable for Flathub to download the
> prebuilt
> Tensorflow binaries for x86_64 and arm?
> Should I specify them as plain sources or do I need to use "extra-
> data"?
> Can the 32-bit arm code be used by an aarch64 app if I include a 32-
> bit
> python?
> Finally, has anyone else tried building Tensorflow on Flathub? If so,
> how did you do it?

No one seems to be using it currently:
https://github.com/search?type=Code&q=org%3Aflathub+tensorflow

I thought that the URL could still be used by others with a similar
"does anyone else do this" type question though :)

Ideally, the whole application and library would be compiled from
source for open source libraries, but I'd go ahead with the most
practical way to make the application available, and file an issue to
track/discuss this particular problem.

Cheers