Chrome OS Not letting me to run the Repo

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Wed Jan 16 08:51:09 UTC 2019

On Thu, Jan 10, 2019 at 1:16 PM Elijah Wood <woode438 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I got the Flatpak install but The  repo not working I got the error here flatpak
>

> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Flatpak system operation ConfigureRemote not allowed for user

If you do system installations in flatpak as a user we use policykit
to do the install-as-root part. This is typically configured in the
file /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.Flatpak.policy and
the default config file for ConfigureRemote is some form of
auth-admin. This means you should be asked for the root password at
this point.

I think the problem is that you're running in a system without a
policykit agent running. In the next version of flatpak (will be 1.2),
this will be solved by flatpak having a fallback agent doing password
prompts on the commandline. For now, i think your options are:

 * Install a policykit agent in your desktop
 * Install flatpaks systemwide by using "sudo flatpak install ..."
 * Install flatpaks as a user in the homedir by using "flatpak --user
install .."