Why people don't install Flatpak?

sri at ramkrishna.me sri at ramkrishna.me
Tue Mar 19 15:40:29 UTC 2019

On Tue, Mar 19, 2019 at 2:04 AM, Prabesh bhattarai
<prabesh432 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ans: Because of it more than 900mb. That is a huge chunk of RAM and
> memory consumption. Why it is so heavy? Make it run below 100mb.
>
> Remove unwanted codes.
>
> Even entire Linux distros are like 1GB, and that the size of ur app.
>
> On the other hand, look at Snapstore, which take a small amount of
> RAM and memory. And does everything that your software does.
>
> P.S: Cutdown the flatpak from 930mb to 100mb if possible. Make it
> smooth and sexy.

I would like to point out that this is an incredibly rude response as
you make assumptions about the underlying technology and are directing
a group of mature software developers on what they should do.  Several
people have already responded to why it is what it is.  Please be more
considerate when posting next time.

sri