TLS errror when downloading Nvidia runtime

x x jeskenis at gmail.com
Thu May 23 19:44:47 UTC 2019

Hi there,
first post here. Up until this point I've been enjoying flatpaked apps -
love it! But last week I hit a showstopper issue - when I try to update
Nvidia runtime found on Flathub I get:

Installing: org.freedesktop.Platform.GL.nvidia-430-14/x86_64/1.4 from
flathub
[#=                  ] Downloading files: 1/1 569 bytes
error: While downloading
https://us.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86_64/430.14/NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-430.14-no-compat32.run:
Error writing data to TLS socket: The specified session has been
invalidated for some reason.

This happens on 3 different machine and tried 2 different distros (OpenSUSE
Leap and Fedora).
I can download the .run file manually - it fails only when it goes through
Flatpak/ostree.
Tried re-syncing my time, using different net connections, using VPN etc -
no luck.

This basically means most of Flatpaked apps I use stopped working. Any
ideas what can I try to make this work?

cheers
Przemek