Need permission for Using flathub APIs

Chandrakant Singh aryalinux11 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 01:23:17 UTC 2019

Hi,

My name is Chandrakant and I am the developer and maintainer of AryaLinux,
a small distribution that has a build from source philosophy, like
Slackware, Gentoo and Arch linux. The first version of AryaLinux was
released in 2015 and since then, installing applications had always been by
building the source code. While this has proved to be time consuming and
cumbersome to our users, it is also a package maintainer's nightmare. Not
to mention the fact that this also reduces the number of applications that
we support through our repository, to a very small number.

That is why, starting with this release, we decided that we would support
flatpak in the distribution and and all applications would be installable
via flatpak. In order to make things easier, we also created a nifty little
tool that can use the flathub public domain APIs to fetch package lists and
details, based on category etc.

We would like to have your permissions to use the APIs in our application.
Specifically these APIs:

https://flathub.org/api/v1/apps
https://flathub.org/api/v1/apps/category/{category}
https://flathub.org/api/v1/apps/{app_id}

That would help us a great deal in simplifying our application installation
process as well as make us a flatpak supporting distribution.

Looking forward to hear from you soon and thanks in advance.

Best Regards
Chandrakant Singh