Workflow for debugging the manifest file

wshaos at posteo.net wshaos at posteo.net
Thu Apr 16 14:42:49 UTC 2020

I understand that flatpak caches each module in the manifest. So if a
module builds correctly the first time and you don't change it, the
previous build will get reused when you build the flatpak again.
Recently I was trying to build a flatpak for a project that takes about
an hour to compile on my system. I was having trouble getting the
post-install steps correct after the main compile (just copying /
editing some text files). Each time I changed a post-install item,
flatpak would go through the full one hour compile again. Is there any
way to get flatpak to reuse the output from a previous attempt to build
a module even when the previous build of that module exited with
non-zero status? I understand why you would want to have a complete,
clean build of the module for the final flatpak, but for debugging it
would be nice to have a way to reuse all the compiled binaries while
iterating on the build-commands and post-install entries.