Please help building with MinGW-w64

Mihai Dobrescu msdobrescu at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 07:23:31 UTC 2021

Hello,

I try to get the vkd3d dlls by building vkd3d-proton project. This requires
MinGW-w64 that is not provided by my distro.
I have installed the flatpak runtime by issuing:

$ flatpak search mingw
Name                       Description
                                             Application ID
                                   Version            Branch
          Remotes
Freedesktop SDK            Tools and headers for developing applications
           org.freedesktop.Sdk                               20.08.6
           20.08            flathub
Freedesktop SDK            Tools and headers for developing applications
           org.freedesktop.Sdk                               19.08.14
          19.08            flathub
Freedesktop SDK            Tools and headers for developing applications
           org.freedesktop.Sdk                               18.08.39
          18.08            flathub
MinGW-w64                  Development environment targeting Windows
               org.freedesktop.Sdk.Extension.mingw-w64           8.0.0
             20.08            flathub
MinGW-w64                  Development environment targeting Windows
               org.freedesktop.Sdk.Extension.mingw-w64
                             19.08            flathub
MinGW-w64                  Development environment targeting Windows
               org.freedesktop.Sdk.Extension.mingw-w64
                             18.08            flathub

$ flatpack install MinGW-w64

... then chosen:

MinGW-w64                  Development environment targeting Windows
               org.freedesktop.Sdk.Extension.mingw-w64           8.0.0
             20.08            flathub

My question is, as I don't get it from the documentation (I may have not
found the right one), how would I issue the build of vkd3d-protonby using
this runtime? I am not trying to build a flatpak of it, but to get the dlls
to be used in wine (by copy/pasting).

If I had the "regular" MinGW-w64 installation, I would have issued
something like:

$ ./package-release.sh master /your/target/directory --no-package

... in the locally cloned source repo.

That would parse a configuration file, build-win64.txt, containing:

[binaries]
c = 'x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc'
cpp = 'x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++'
ar = 'x86_64-w64-mingw32-ar'
strip = 'x86_64-w64-mingw32-strip'
widl = 'x86_64-w64-mingw32-widl'

[properties]
c_link_args = ['-static', '-static-libgcc']
cpp_link_args = ['-static', '-static-libgcc', '-static-libstdc++']
needs_exe_wrapper = true

[host_machine]
system = 'windows'
cpu_family = 'x86_64'
cpu = 'x86_64'
endian = 'little'

...so would run in the building process x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc,
x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++ and so on.

What should I do in order to achieve this?

Thank you,
Mihai Sorin Dobrescu