"newbie"-question?!? How to access every used document of flatpack - Libreoffice ioutside the sandbox of flatpak?

Hubert Figuiere hub at figuiere.net
Fri Aug 26 14:38:11 UTC 2022

On 2022-08-26 10:21, Herbert Gluth wrote:
>  From inside LibreOffice there's basically no access to even a folder
> inside /usr/local, which is owned by the user-account inside the system
> (made because /usr and /usr/local was meant to keep bigger folders witch
> larger files primarily... and are located on my HD, while / is located
> on a SSD for quick access.

`/usr` has never been for user data whatsoever, but for locally
installed software packages, ie not part of the standard distribution.
So this is the first mistake.

In the case of Flatpak `/usr` is part of the runtime, which is in the
sandbox and read-only.

The host `/usr` is in `/run/host/usr` inside flatpak, when the
filesystem permission `host` is granted.

Hub