Fedora 36, --disable-rofiles-fuse mess

Simon McVittie smcv at collabora.com
Wed May 18 18:28:41 UTC 2022

On Wed, 18 May 2022 at 17:42:19 +0200, Alec Leamas wrote:
> Using flatpak-builder on Fedora 36 is interesting. Using a since long
> working manifest [1] I make a regular build and gets
>
> fuse: unknown option(s): `-o splice_write,splice_move`

Please talk to your distributor. This can happen if
libostree was compiled with FUSE 3, but flatpak-builder was
compiled to use optimizations that only worked in FUSE 2:
https://github.com/flatpak/flatpak-builder/issues/448

It looks as though Fedora's flatpak-builder 1.2.2-3 made the necessary
change:
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/flatpak-builder/c/44e61ac73aaab42defd6bbb05039acbfbffae3b4?branch=rawhide
but that version might not be in F36 yet.

Previously, Fedora's flatpak-builder was configured to have optimum
performance with a libostree version that used FUSE 2, at the cost of
not working (at all) with a libostree version that uses FUSE 3. This
might not have been the ideal choice.

    smcv