[Fontconfig] Endian issue with sub-pixel anti-aliasing

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Wed Apr 23 05:43:10 EST 2003

<quote who="John Ellson">

> Are you using sub-pixel aliasing that was set up for one display device,
> on a different display device?

No. I'm running a GTK+ application remotely, which inherits the AA XSETTING
from the current display. I don't even use sub-pixel AA on the x86 box that
the app is executing on.

The subtle ugliness of incorrect sub-pixel AA orientation is very different
to this angelic yellow glow. :-)

- Jeff

--
GU4DEC: June 16th-18th in Dublin, Ireland             http://www.guadec.org/

   "Oh my god, if I get killed, Meryl Streep will get an award playing my
          life and I would be really pissed off." - Susan Sarandon