[Fontconfig] Endian issue with sub-pixel anti-aliasing

John Ellson ellson at research.att.com
Wed Apr 23 05:40:40 EST 2003

Jeff,

Are you using sub-pixel aliasing that was set up for one display device,
on a different
display device?

My understanding of subpixel aliasing is that it uses knowledge of the
location of the
color bars within each pixel.   Different display devices (partic, LCDs)
use different arrangements
of color bars: e.g. horizontal or vertical bars, rgb or bgr ordering.

What happens if you swap display devices?

John Ellson