[Fontconfig] Xft with Xsun + XRender

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Feb 12 16:31:36 EST 2003

Around 22 o'clock on Feb 11, Dan wrote:

> Has anyone managed to get Xft working with the Solaris 9
> 12/02 release of Xsun with happy new XRender support?

I assume Sun is testing things this way; it make little sense for them to
do otherwise.  However, you can make sure most things are working by
disabling Render support in your ~/.fonts.conf file:

	<?xml version="1.0"?>
	<!DOCTYPE fontconfig SYSTEM "fonts.dtd">
	<!-- ~/.fonts.conf for per-user font configuration -->
	<fontconfig>

	<!-- Disables use of Render extension -->
	<match target="font">
	</match>

	</fontconfig>

I just wrote an Xaw based app for viewing fonts that you might play with,
it should work on vanilla Solaris.

	$ cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at keithp.com:/local/src/CVS login
	Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs at keithp.com:2401/local/src/CVS
	CVS password: <hit return>