[Fontconfig] What are the possible font family names? Why no "Helvetica" ?

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Mon Mar 17 17:02:15 EST 2003

Around 0 o'clock on Mar 17, John Ellson wrote:

>    FcConfigSubstitute(0,pattern,FcPatternMatch);

This is the step which performs the various editing manipulations
described in the configuration.  Drop this and you won't get any
of the customization specified therein before the match occurs.

> Thanks for fontconfig.  This is exactly what I needed.

Thanks for giving it a try; every app that adopts fontconfig is one fewer
app with a private font configuration mechanism.  If you report any
troubles you find, future fontconfig releases can be even more useful.

-keith