[Fontconfig] ttc font collections ...

Michael Meeks michael at ximian.com
Mon Nov 10 22:09:43 EST 2003

Hi there,

	As you may know - in OO.o we use fontconfig primarily for building a
list of font filenames to load, and to extract their metrics - so as to
sync with the underlying OO.o.

	To do this, I just iterate over the System and Application font sets
and for each FcPattern with an FC_FILE, I grok that if it looks like it
has the right extension - horribly crude indeed.

	I'd rather like to expand this to include 'ttc' files since they are
important to a number of users (it seems), but I understand this is
somewhat more complex. Where is the best place to find out information
on how fontconfig represents ttc files ?

	Thanks,

		Michael.

--
 michael at ximian.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot