[Fontconfig] fontconfig-2.2.94 won't build against freetype-2.1.8

Matthew Johnson yuengl1ng at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 29 16:15:00 EST 2004

Apparently, freetype-2.1.8 has renamed "ABS", "MAX",
and "MIN" to "FT_ABS", "FT_MAX", and "FT_MIN" in the
./include/freetype/internal/ftobjs.h file.  This
breaks the fontconfig build horribly.  It looks like
the change was implemented with version 2.1.8, as the
original #define names are still intact with version
2.1.7.

At first glance, the file that needs to be updated is
./src/fcfreetype.c.

After updating that file in two or three places,
fontconfig compiles cleanly.  Woohoo!  It is 2:12am
and I have been staring at this for like three hours.
I will see if I can generate a patch file tomorrow,
but this may not be the most elegant solution -- i.e.
hardcoding this change would break builds against old
versions of freetype.  Perhaps some type of ifdef
action is required?

Anyways, something to think about fixing in the code.