[Fontconfig] fontconfig performance problems + FcConfigUptoDate() bug

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Aug 10 03:49:53 EST 2004

Around 19 o'clock on Aug 9, Lubos Lunak wrote:

>  I'd like to ask if there are any plans to do the mmap() thing in fontconfig
> in the foreseeable future. I just posted a patch[*] to xdg@ mailing list
> solving the XIM problem in a similar way, so I thought I'd check the status.

There is a desire, but not any implementation underway.

We'll have to completely replace the existing cache file structure to
usefully benefit from an mmap-based system.  Fortunately, this is possible
as fontconfig version-numbers the cache files.

If you have an interest, I can point you in suitable directions.

-keith