[Fontconfig] fontconfig performance problems + FcConfigUptoDate() bug

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Aug 10 03:50:15 EST 2004

On Wednesday 30 of June 2004 20:36, Keith Packard wrote:
> Around 18 o'clock on Jun 30, Lubos Lunak wrote:
> > May I suggest this information is simply dumped to one file and read-only
> > mmap()-ed into memory,
>
> Yeah, I'm thinking we'll have to restructure the fonts.cache file format
> to be mmap'able.  I don't see a huge issue here; the cache file names are
> nicely versioned giving us cross-compatibility.
>
> I'll release an updated 2.2 version shortly with your patch, as well as a
> new 2.3 development snapshot.

 Hello,

 I'd like to ask if there are any plans to do the mmap() thing in fontconfig
in the foreseeable future. I just posted a patch[*] to xdg@ mailing list
solving the XIM problem in a similar way, so I thought I'd check the status.

 I first thought I could do the same with fontconfig, but I don't know
fontconfig internals, and it seems to me this would be more difficult than
XIM :( , so I'm unsure if I could get bored enough to handle this.

 Thanks

[*] http://freedesktop.org/pipermail/xorg/2004-August/002235.html

--
Lubos Lunak