[Fontconfig] Filtering set of available fonts

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Tue Aug 17 07:23:56 EST 2004

So, I was trying to figure out how to exclude bitmap fonts when
selecting fonts for printing, and my first thought was to
do, effectively

 FcFontSort (... "<family> 18:outline=1"..., trim=1);

But if you try that with, say:

 FcFontSort (... "MiscFixed 18:outline=1"..., trim=1);

You get MiscFixed listed first since the family match is
prioritized ahead of the outline match.

Looking for ideas for how to implement this:

 1) Create a custom FcFontSet from the results of FcFontList().
    and use FcFontSetSort instead of FcFontSort().
    Rather expensive.

 2) Pass trim=False to FcFontSort, filter the results when
    trimming the list myself. Somewhat expensive, a pain
    to implement, though I've been thinking about switching
    to trimming FcFontSort() results myself anyways.

Anything else?

Thanks,
					Owen