[Fontconfig] Error accessing a FcConfig internal element

Adriano Del Vigna de Almeida katmandu at fs.inf.br
Mon Jan 5 23:15:01 EST 2004

I understand your concern with encapsulation. But in some situations it
is interesting to have access to the inner infromation of Fontconfig, I
mean, in a very few situations. Just like a big font manager, on top of
Fontconfig, I can't see any other situation know...

I think that the data structure is very concise, and dont need any
modifications. Just a better way to access some hidden information,
something like the FcConfigGet* calls. I'll see later if this idea is
good. See if the compiler can solve the indirection inserted by 'typedef
_FcConfig FcConfig' construction.

With this sort of construction the compiler can't resolve the internal
elements of structures, when accessed outside the lib. So a call
returning directly the info that I need doesn't require a big change in
the data structure.

What do you think?