[Fontconfig] Aliases

Radu Maurer radu at gmx.info
Tue Mar 30 00:01:08 EST 2004

I would like to write aliases for all the Adobe standard fonts
(Helvetica, Times, Courier ...) which I don't have on my system to
their URW counterparts (Nimbus* ).
I'd like these aliases to appear in the list of available fonts,
in order to be selectable in KDE, OpenOffice etc.

I added this to /etc/fonts/fonts.config but with no effect:

        <alias>
                <family>Times</family>
        </alias>
        <alias>