[Fontconfig] debugging no fonts problem

Sat Apr 16 02:12:52 EST 2005

Dan McMahill wrote:
> argh.  I looked and I was using pango-1.6.0 and gtkma-2.4.14 on the
> NetBSD/alpha box.  When I update pango and gtk to 1.8.1 and 2.6.4
> to match the versions on the solaris box, I have the same display
> problems.  So it seems that gtk-2.6 and pango-1.8 just don't
> like displaying on this solaris box.
>
> Does this force the use of true type fonts or something which isn't
> supported by the solaris font server?

The Solaris font server has supported TrueType fonts since Solaris 2.6,
but that doesn't matter, because the font server is only used for core
X protocol fonts, not fontcoonfig/Xft.

You may have a Xsun version with a buggy Render extension - try
commenting out the section in /usr/openwin/server/etc/OWconfig that
loads the Render extension and restart your X server to see if that
helps.

	-Alan Coopersmith-           alan.coopersmith at sun.com