[Fontconfig] Towards a 2.4 release

Phil Race Phil.Race at Sun.COM
Tue Dec 20 15:57:58 PST 2005

The mmap cache removed all but one usage of "fopen" from the source.

grep fopen *c
fcxml.c:    f = fopen ((char *) filename, "r");

On 32 bit solaris an unsigned char is used for the file descriptor
in stdio routines and I gather (ancient solaris bug 1085341) that
fixing this would require an ABI change and it couldn't be done.
I wonder if it would be possible to get rid of that too and replace it with "open"
at least perhaps in an #ifdef for 32 bit Solaris.

I'll also raise this with the team in Sun that handles fontconfig.

-phil.