[Fontconfig] Towards a 2.4 release

Zhe Su james.su at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 22:12:25 PST 2005

Hi,
   I have new feature request: Is it possible to let fontconfig load
different configuration according to the current system locale
setting? Because users of different languages tend to use different
set of fonts and settings. For an internationalized system, it'll be
best if the font settings can be adjusted automatically according to
the system default language. It's rather difficult meet all users
requirement by one set of font settings.
  I'll look into this issue, and try to implement it as soon as
possible. I just want to know: 1. Whether it's already supported or
not.  2. Is it possible to add such feature into 2.4 release?

Regards
James Su