[Fontconfig] Towards a 2.4 release

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Tue Dec 20 23:20:15 PST 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-21 at 14:12 +0800, Zhe Su wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have new feature request: Is it possible to let fontconfig load
> different configuration according to the current system locale
> setting?

You can already detect the locale in cases where the application
provides no further language clue by looking in the lang field of the
pattern. Can you describe how this wouldn't be sufficient?

<match>
	<test name="lang">
		<string>ja</string>
	</test>
	<edit name="family">
		<string>東風ゴシック</string>
	</edit>
</match>

This forces use of Kochi Gothic whenever the lang is set to ja. Similar
hacks can be used to adjust other settings.

-keith