[Fontconfig] Configure: --with-freetype-config=PROG?

Tommy Tam ttam at aerio.com
Fri Feb 11 14:24:18 EST 2005

Would anyone tell me the significance of using FreeType configuration
program for the configure and make process of fontconfig?  What should I
set it to for cross-compiling?  If I set it to --without-freetype-config,
nothing seems to compile.  If I don't set it to "without",  then it tries
to use the path to my PC's freetype and have this error while compiling
fcfreetype.c:

arm-elf-gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I/usr/include/freetype2
-Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -fno-strict-aliasing
-DFONTCONFIG_PATH=\"/opt/armlib/fontconfig/etc/fonts\" -I.. -I../src
-I/opt/armlib/expat/include -I/opt/armlib/freetype/include -g -O2 -c
fcfreetype.c -Wp,-MD,.deps/fcfreetype.TPlo -o fcfreetype.o
fcfreetype.c: In function `FcGetPixelSize':
fcfreetype.c:950: `BDF_PropertyRec' undeclared (first use in this
function)

Notice that /usr/include/freetype2 is not the right location of my
cross-compiled FreeType, but configure seems to want to put it in.  I did
specified the CPPFLAGS and that's why the correct path is also there,
/opt/armlib/freetype/include, but I don't think it uses this one since it
is after the wrong one.

Tommy