[Fontconfig] Still Baffled

John Lowell johnlowell at ameritech.net
Fri Feb 18 13:52:15 EST 2005

On 02/17/05 21:37:12, cga wrote:

> could this have anything to do with defoma?

Thanks for the reply, cga. You know, I'd believe that if Debian were
the only constant producing the difference with Gentoo, but Arch does
as well. I can transfer the entire lucida portion of the 100dpi font
directory in Gentoo over to Arch, update the cache, copy these fonts
over to /usr/share/fonts and amend /etc/fonts/fonts.conf in Arch to
show <dir>/usr/share/fonts</dir> at the right place and still
experience this difference. It's maddening. My only thought has been to
identify some difference in the /etc/fonts/font.conf in these distros
but there isn't even a reference to lucida in any of them. This
difference has to be accounted for somehow, but how?

jlowell